Wednesday, February 17, 2010

sweet as the morning sky.

ok, so a few people have requested i post the words to one of my newer tunes..."sweet as the morning sky." i start by saying that these words aren't deep, nor are they meant to be. i was simply writing a song about my dashing man and the words just came. it's one of my favorites to play live.

verse 1:
there was a time when i was sure
doubt and love were one
that starry night, that old, old town
memories undone
then you came and filled my heart dear
words can pray to tell
of love so wonderful, so sweet of
how i fell for you

chorus:
love of my life
sweet as the morning sky, are you, are you
love of my life
all i do is sigh, for you, for you

verse 2:
flowers growing in the yard
birdies sing our tune
a brick cottage, an old, old town
a bright red balloon
oh the love that fills my heart dear
words cannot express
your vest, your smile, your gentle voice
our love will stand the test

4 comments:

JML said...

Katie Henbest, you're talented.

katie henbest said...

Jake Lee, thank you.

rebecca joy said...

i would love to hear this! is it on myspace or anything?

katie henbest said...

ya it is!
www.myspace.com/katiewilsonmusic