Monday, April 5, 2010

We Could Be Happy.

new song...played for the first time last Wednesday at my NNU show. and, before i go on, cheers to Two Girls who opened for me. i thoroughly enjoyed your set!

writing music is truly one of the greatest pleasures. i adore it. those who know me well and have been to my shows the past year know that my writing continues to change and i believe it has developed. i have finally found my sound. my songwriting journey is a long one so if you'd like to know the story in it's entirety, just ask! lately, i've been writing about people. mostly people i know well, some i do not. people inspire me. here is my new song/story...i hope you can picture it like a movie.

We Could Be Happy

verse 1:
All the answers floating in the air
All the heartache waving to despair
In the morning you will pass me by
But I will wait, I'll wait for you to try
Oh, when will you see that I am the girl for you

verse 2:
In the warm sun skies begin to grey
And the flowers all begin to fade
On the doorstep you will stop and sigh
But I will stay, I'll stay another night
Oh, when will you see that I am the girl for you

chorus:
You are all I have, you're all I have
You are all I see, you're all I see
Oh, don't you see, don't you see
We could be so happy

verse 3:
Past the meadow out into the light
We will wander in eachother's eyes
To the old house set upon a hill
And we will write, we'll write about the thrill
Oh, when will you see that I am the girl for you

bridge:
Backward and forward the time races on
Moving and pacing, stumbling upon
Another world where my heart isn't worn
Take me and place me in love evermore

--it is so much fun to play! added excitement: me and some hip video dudes will be making this song or Sweet as the Morning Sky into a music video - we are going to start shooting in a few weeks!

4 comments:

rebecca joy said...

i really wish i could hear this! do you have recordings posted anywhere?

Baby Indie said...

Nice lyrics - timeless

katie henbest said...

i wish i had a recording! hopefully soon though...i'll let you know!

naphtali said...

Love these lyrics, Katie. I wish I could hear the music!! Let me know if you have any concerts in June and I'll come support ('cause I'll most likely be in Boise!!) xx