Friday, June 17, 2011

Hollow-Wood.

So, there are these great kids: Adam Jones, Hayden Jensen, and Lyndsay Wright. I guess they aren't really kids, but I call everyone a kid. Adam just graduated from high school. Hayden has one more year in high school. Lyndsay is starting her first year of college this fall. These kids are talented. I mean, really talented. I'm not positive when they first started playing together but I believe it was in the last year and a half. They have all played music for quite some time now but they formed a band together in recent years. They were playing under the name Adam Stip Music but just recently switched to Hollow-Wood. They recorded a new song, Love Has Found Me, in the gym at their church. I love the raw acoustics. The song is simple, yet beautiful. Lovely harmonies and blending. And of course I love the words...which is really just one phrase. I think it is the best thing they have written yet. The first time I heard it, m'huz turned up the volume and said, "who does this remind you of?" Within 20 seconds I gave my two answers - "The Fleet Foxes and The Head and the Heart" - both bands that I love. What is super cool (do people even say that anymore?) is this: Priscilla Ahn posted this video on her facebook page a few days ago! WHAT?! I have been a big fan of Priscilla for some time now and she doesn't post many videos on her page. What a promotion! All this to say, I am so proud of these Boise kids - just you wait, they are going places. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hollow Wood is awesome.... I LOVE HAYDEN JENSEN IN IT HE MAKES THE BAND!!:D