Thursday, October 2, 2008

Maliboomer. or whatever it's called.


well, it's true. i am a married woman! it's like i crossed the threshold from being a child/lady/gal to being a woman - i know that is not the case because legally i have been an adult for a while...but still, it's just how i feel...or i felt, until i went to family tacos last Sunday and sat at the kid table - i will never tire of that beloved kid table! i guess i'm still a kid. yesssssssss. on a more serious note, being married is amazing. some nights i feel like i should probably head home (as in my parent's house) cause it's getting late...and then Derek and i realize i don't have to go! wonderful! i love him more right now than i ever have, with such a deeper love.

we are trying to get cozied into our apartment...for some reason i thought this would only take a few days. nah. we have presents everywhere - my kitchen stuff does not fit into my kitchen so there is 20% counter space right now - we have unpacked boxes (all mine, of course) - and so on. i truly love organizing so at least that is good! we are having fun. :) oh, AND i made my first 7 day menu last night...with the help of Jonzi - thank the Lord for that amazing mother of mine! she is an amazing cook - i hope to follow that example. for our first family meal i am breaking in the crock pot and cooking chicken, potatoes, and carrots (don't tell Derek about the carrots :)). i'm excited to cook!

i guess the title of this blog is about the honeymoon...so i'll go there now. Derek and i went to Disneyland, California Adventure, and Universal Studios on our honeymoon...fun! i love roller coasters, so much...so does Derek. the only ride i don't like...wait, i HATE...at theme parks, are the rides that shoot you up in the air (into the heavens i am convinced) and drop you to your death. not a slow, gentle drop...one that makes your stomach go into your throat. i will not ride these rides. it seems that every time i am at a theme park, i get literally dragged onto one. my honeymoon was not any different. Derek really really wanted to go on the Maliboomer - note: in the picture, it is the tallest ride - sooo, after days of nagging (love you D :)) i agreed to go with him once - ONCE! i hated every second of that minute long ride. i think Derek was expecting me to scream - i didn't - not even a little - i just gripped the bars as hard as i could and had on the most ridiculous mad face of all time i am sure. Derek's observation post-Maliboomer - "wow, you really do hate those rides." yep.

the honeymoon (one minute of the Maliboomer excluded) was incredible. we were two 20 something year old kids running around like 4 year olds, loving every second. cheers to being a happy Henbest!

8 comments:

kylee said...

cheers, cheers indeed! I'm happy for you Katie

Claire said...

You're funny. Cooking was hard for me! And I always grew up watching my mom cook - I thought'd it be easy! It's something about the pressure of having to decide what you're going to have every single day instead of just being handed a plate of dinner. Good times though. now I just have this huge list of all the meals we like or have eaten and I just choose! :) That's prolly a little nerdy...

katie henbest said...

not nerdy at all! Claire...i made a detailed list of the 7 meals i have planned - what to put in them, what i need to buy for them. we'll be nerds together i guess yes?

.:meagan.rae:. said...

hahaha yesss!!! first of all, congrats to the Happy Henbests!

secondly, OH MY GOSH I HATE that ride too!!!!! that exact ride! Kirsten and I found ourselves somewhat pressured into going on it this summer. I also, didn't scream... but found myself unable to breathe, holding on for dear life. AND shaking afterwards. Kirsten screamed and bear hugged the shield thing. never again is what i say! :)

so happy for you both!! welcome back!

Jamie and Trevor said...

hooray for cooking! I know you'll love it. it's like playtime everyday. and I LOVE making our weekly menu, trying new recipes and sleuthing for coupons and sales...oh I can't wait to hear all about your culinary adventures...let me know how the crockpot works out...I love walking into the house after a long day and smelling the dinner cooking away in the crockpot... ahhh!

Kenziepoo said...

Congrats on the Newly married couple! Yeah...:) Love you guys...And Kenzie Poo loves you too!

Kristen said...

YEAH! Glad you had a great time.

As much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE rollercoasters, I don't think I could do that ride. UGH! I am not a fan of Ferris Wheels or chair lifts or hanging out over space. no thank you.

We miss you!

*macey.crow* said...

Isn't it crazy how your love changes on your wedding day? I remember telling Tyler "I love you" on our way to the airport the next day and it felt completely different, much deeper...hard to explain, but soo good! I am so happy for you...my best advice it to laugh often. Looking back on my first year, I should have laughed more. I am definatly laughing a lot now though! Have a wonderful week!