Friday, October 17, 2008

Warriner cuts hair.

i wish i had a picture of him to show you. he is one of the most adorable first graders i have ever seen. blonde bowl cut, big blue eyes. he is so quirky, funny, and trouble for sure. you know, one of those children that you can't help but love, but they drive you crazy 80% of the time? well, Warriner was sent to the principal's office a few weeks ago....

Warriner: walks up to the principal - "my teacher told me to give you this."
he was carrying a white piece of paper - on one half of the paper there was a clump of blonde hair taped to the page, labeled Warriner's hair - on the other half of the paper was a clump of brown hair, labeled Heather's hair. my principal, Vicki, said she told Warriner to hold on for just a second while she grabbed something out of her office...but really she went in her office and cried laughing. when Vicki came out she asked Warriner why he had cut his, and Heather's hair. completely calm and casual, Warriner replies, "well, i needed a haircut and Heather needed to be more handsome."

these are a few things Warriner has said to me this week:
Monday: he walks into my class and immediately sings, "Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum, i smell my music teacher." eh. :)
Tuesday: i was wearing a headband wrap thing. he walks in, looks at me, "hey, you look like an Indian."
Thursday: i'm in the middle of talking about composers - he raises his hand.
W: "isn't there a moderato in music?"
me: "yes, there actually is. how did you know that word?"
W: "well teacher, i'm just a really smart guy."

what a little gem.

4 comments:

Kym said...

I love kids like that in my life. Let me tell you about one who was drawing the face of her Mr. Thankful Heart in Sunday school. When I told her it was a good drawing, she said "Thank you. It's Tee-Tee, she is beautiful!" Could you happen to know this funny little girl? When we were talking about the ocean that God made, she told me that there are mermaids in there too. I love that little kid!

J said...

Ha ha ha! Love it. Being a teacher is the best...I love that you get to be a part of those conversations again!

katie henbest said...

oh Jo, me too!

katie henbest said...

Kym! thank you for sharing that with me...made my whole week, month. :)