Tuesday, April 28, 2009

i love to hear...

my top ten most listened to albums of 2009 so far:
(no, this does not mean they came out in 2009).

This is Us - a collection of wonderful artists such as Aimee Mann, The Byrds, The Constantines, Mark Geary, etc. this album makes me think of family, friends, and home...which is it's exact purpose, well done.

Juno Soundtrack - so playful, so fun, hours of joy with this cd.

Kings of Leon: Only by the Night - enough said.

Feist: Open Season - i have a feeling one of her cds will always be in my most listened to list. this is a cd of remixes and collaborations. wonderful.

The Waiting Kind: In the Land of Hope - first full length! it will change your life, truly.

Cat Power: You Are Free - her breathy vocals melt my heart.

The Honey Trees: Wake the Earth - i've said it before, Becky Filip and i are meant to be best friends. her melodies are some of thee most lovely i have ever heard.

Pedro the Lion: Control - i miss them often, but am forever glad Dave Bazan is still making great music. this album tells a story...it has always intrigued me. i could study Dave's lyrics for probably years and never truly figure out what he means in some of his lyrics.

Brandi Carlile: The Story - one of the greatest lady performers i have ever seen. she writes brilliant music. and what a voice!

Kings of Convenience: Quiet is the New Loud - indie folk pop duo, delicate tunes, warm guitar melodies.

i could probably give a top 25 list, but we'll stick with 10 for now. cheers to good music!

1 comment:

J said...

Feist: I'm never going to not love her. :)

In the Land of Hope: Can't wait to hear it!

The Honey Trees: I completely forgot I was supposed to fall in love with them. I'll need to take a listen soon!

Juno Soundtrack: I remember listening to it for the first time and giggling my head off with delight! I may have to save that album for summer. :)

sigh, music.