Friday, April 4, 2008

give a little whistle

those of you who know me well, know that i learned how to whistle a few years back....

i remember....i was sitting on a couch in the cutest brick house you ever did see (lived in by 3 of my friends and myself)....i was talking to Marc and Jamie about my inability to whistle. as i was expressing my concern to them, they broke into a beautiful whistling chorus!...and not only melody, but harmony as well! hmph! and i was determined to learn...

so, i would whistle on the way to work every morning...and whistle on the way home. and somewhere along the way, I GOT IT! and i can honestly say that i love whistling now...so much. there is never a day that goes by when i don't whistle for at least a bit.

i wrote this blog for 2 reasons: one - to encourage anyone who can't whistle that with practice and some hard work, you can. and two - to justify my every day whistling...sometimes it can be a nuisance....so i'll blame it on the fact that i was a young whistling bloomer.

(and one time, my and dearest Jo made a whole song out of whistling on her mac...ok, mostly laughing, but we tried to whistle...maybe it will be on the radio one day...hey, you never know).

2 comments:

jeffrey greene said...

ya...maybe it will be on the radio some day. i mean, people like creed and avril lavigne are on the radio...stranger things have happened!

J said...

Yay, we're the best laughers...I mean whistlers EVER!