Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the best birthday. the best year.

26. hmmmm. 26. i am officially this age now. 4 years older than my darling fiance. a few days ago i was only 3 years older than him, now i'm 4. so be it! 26 - what a lovely number!

i woke up yesterday (the day of my birth) and had oatmeal with my folks. this is a regular morning routine in our house, but yesterday the oatmeal tasted a little better and i appreciated the company more than ever. i am so blessed to have an incredible mom and dad. they truly are incredible. sigh.

i then drove to Meridian (which is also very much routine...but one i don't mind, not one bit) to see my fiance. my loving, fantastic, handsome, wonderful fiance! we then drove to a meeting at the Renaissance apartments - toured them, picked one, put a security deposit down - and we officially have an apartment as of September the 1st! thank you Shane and Kirst for recommending them! we think our apartment is adorable...it really is.

Derek took me to lunch and we spent some quality time with his folks. Bob and Sandy, the almost in-laws. the funny thing is, i cannot wait for them to be my in-laws. they are amazing people and i love them dearly. my love grew for them yesterday.

we then drove to Namps and went bowling with my fam! this is the 2nd year i've requested bowling for my birthday, i think it will be an annual event. ok, doesn't Derek know that you are supposed to let the birthday gal win??!!!! for goodness sake! he beat us all...gladly i might add. he claims he was getting back at me cause he can't beat me in ping pong...ha ha ha ha ha ha. no, but seriously, he can't. yessssssss.

after bowling, we went back to my house and had tacos - one of my favorite meals of all time. and cheers to my amazing mother who made me gluten free dairy free brownies and bought dairy free ice cream so i could have dessert!!! she is so sweet. oh, and i opened gifts...yeah for shopping money and fun things! we finished the night with a few rounds of telephone pictionary. phew - what a glorious day!

on my birthday i always think of how blessed i truly am. i don't deserve these amazing blessings God has given me - thank you! i thought i would end this sappy, way-too-long post with a few reasons why this year will be the best year:

1. i become a wife! an actual wife.
2. Derek and i move in together...after we are married of course...but i cannot tell you excited i am to have a boy roommate...oh, and one i love dearly.
3. i start teaching music again at Rolling Hills Public Charter School in Boise - praise be!
4. sissy will have a baby boy - my nephew!!!!! (hopefully not AT my wedding...ha)
5. in-laws!
6. watching my favorite niece grow and say adorable things like, "Tee Tee, why are you taking so late?"
7. my new ep will come out!!!

so many reasons to be thankful! love to all who read this...you mean so much to me.




5 comments:

Jamie and Trevor said...

We missed saying happy birthday cause that would break tradition. Never the less, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! The good thing about getting older now is the age difference gets less and less weird. Trust me! We love you soooooo much and can't wait for your wedding.

Kristen said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!!! It sounds like you had a fabulous day. You have lots to look forward to in this year - many exciting and fun changes. YEAH!

Hey, I didn't know you were going to be teaching music. Good for you! I learned so many things from this post - new job, new apartment, new EP :o)

You are a delight and a blessing to all who know you! You are one of our families favorite people. Love you!

Tracy Wilde said...

I love this post...sounds like you had a blissfully happy day...just as you should! I'm so excited for you this year! I so excited for your wedding...two of my fave people are getting married...to each other. what more could i hope for. love you tee tee....love, the other tee tee!

Kym said...

What an amazing birthday! Happy Belated Birthday. Congrats on the new job (answered prayer). I am glad you will be teaching again. All these fabulous things happening. You are blessed, beyond measure! BTW - I must not have grown up yet, how does oatmeal taste good???

naphtali said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. Even though it's late: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I loved being 26! (I was married at that age too...) I hope it's a year filled with unexpected blessings!