Thursday, July 10, 2008

everybody! - "haaaaaaaaaaaaavvvveeee patience, have patience..."

...don't be in such a hurry...when you get impatient you only start to worry. remember, remember, that God is patient too, and think of all the times when others stopped to wait for you."

most of us know and love this song. i sang it to a friend a few years back - he needed patience...he was annoyed, but it was worth it (he might have been annoyed mostly because not only did i break out in this song, his parents did as well...serenaded by all). my dear friend Jamie told me this morning that she sang it just the other day! what a wonderful little song that has stuck with me...and many others.

Derek called me a few weeks ago and said, "KATIE! Psalty goes to my church!" trying not to freak out, i asked him a few questions to be sure that this man was truly the voice i had grown to love during my childhood years (oh, and still love). wellll, it really is true! people, the voice of Psalty the song book goes to Capital Christian Center - i saw him with my own eyes! no, he wasn't in a big blue hymnal costume. Derek pointed him out to me at the church's 4th of July picnic - he encouraged me to go meet him. i sat there for quite a while thinking about what i would say...."oh my gosh, i love you...i mean, i grew up loving your voice as Psalty and all your songs and...." you can see why i chose not to meet him. i know i would've acted absolutely ridiculous. but now i regret it. i went on Psalty's (i'm sure he does have a real name) website and it sure is him! wonderful!

this just became one of my goals for the summer: to meet Psalty! i'll probably skip shaking his hand and just give him a big hug.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

i remember that song! that is pretty neat he goes to capital christian. i would have held off on the meeting too - i know i would have embarrassed myself in that type of situation.

J said...

Wait...WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! I am FREAKING OUT! I love Psalty. And I always loved Harmony because Melody seemed to get all the attention. :)

SimplyGrove said...

I freaked out myself Katie!! He actually is Herbert the snail from Music Machine. I think Derek got a bit confused:) You can check out his website at hisandhernandezmusic.com. Do you remember Silverwind?? His wife was one of the main singers!! They both are childhood celebrity's!!!

Kristin J. Hill, M.A., LPC said...

That is awesome! College church totally did Psalty every year. Some adult would dress up in the Psalty Costume and sing with us. Great memory! Brandon says he doesn't know who that is...I guess First Church missed out.

KHill

kylee said...

First church missed out, but I did hear the hub-ub about this famous Psalty when I was little. He's not the same as the doughnut man is he?