Thursday, July 3, 2008

circulation smirculation.

it will be 106 degrees today in Namps. currently i am spending some quality time with my space heater at work. "WHAT?!"...you say? let me explain. the air conditioning at Pioneer Title hates me. it thinks that when the sun peeks through the front windows (ok, sometimes it blazes through...but still) it must be 120 degrees in the building, right? so it turns on full blast - trying to bring the temperature down to freezing level. and it succeeds, every time. and i complain most days. everyone laughs now. "look at the girl with the goosebumps in summer." if they only knew what it was like to have zero circulation.

you know when 100 degree weather has been heating up your car all day and you dread getting into it? well, i can honestly say i enjoy it. in fact i usually don't turn on the AC for at least five minutes (there are exceptions to this...like last 4th of July, when it felt like 150 degrees, ya, that is an exception).

Derek is hot most of the time. i am cold most of the time. great combination. when he isn't looking, i turn off the AC in the car - and not even a minute later he says, "ugh, it's hot in here!" - and realizes i have turned it off... and then it's back on and so are the goosebumps. i think Derek and i need to find a bed with a temperature control on each half...or, better yet follow the example of Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball? hmmmmm.

(i don't really know why i wrote this blog...probably because at least 10 people a day ask why i'm using a heater in hottt weather...and it always makes me laugh).

:)

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hehe. Oh the temperature wars have begun! Its only taken us 8 YEARS to compromise! Love ya lady

Kirsten said...

Weird, it says I'm Kirsten and not simplygrove. weird....

Kristen said...

LOL! get a heated mattress pad with dual controls, turn yours on and derek can keep his off -nice and warm. lance and i are the same way - i don't like to be cold. our old car even had dual temperature control in the car - so nice. now if we travel long distances, i just take a blanket :o)

kylee said...

i 100% understand your dilemma, I used my space heater at work until mid-june...then the job was over. I am sorry for your goosebumps...i guess bring a cute sweater?
miss running into you!

Wife2Jason said...

I love to be cold, Jason loves to sweat.... it's been an interesting 10 years of messing with the contols! I just sleep without a blanket, and never leave my house between June and September.

Kym said...

I am so with you! Being in places during the summer where the a/c is set too low, makes me FREEZE! I love the warmth of the car after being in the Artic stores and restaurants. BTW, the blanket idea, I totally do that too in the car for trips. Keeps me and Scott happy that way. Fun post!