Wednesday, August 13, 2008

oh Addy.








my neice, Addison Grace, is one cute little 3 and 1/2 year old thing. just ask anyone really. i've been wanting to post some of her sayings but wasn't sure if that was too "aw, goo goo gee gee ga" - you know? oh well, posting anyway cause she's too darn cute to not tell the world...

1. "Teets" - yep, that's my nickname. used to be "Tee Tee" and then she shortened it. awesome.
2. "he's my best" - "ya, it's my best" - in reference to her favorite people, things, colors, toys, they are her "best."
3. "Teets, you are taking too late!"
4. spilled her drink the other night...said to her dad, "sorry! i didn't see that one coming." what?! do three year olds say things like that even?
5. "Teets, you are my best friend the whole world...want to know why? you wear all my favorite shirts." funny thing is, she really could care less about clothes...which made this comment even more funny.
6. "Tee Tee, so, when you get married you have to move out of mimi and papa's house?! that is sad. i'm never getting married."
7. "is it time for my dark nap or my light nap?"
8. "probably Friday we will." - everything happens on Friday - everything. :)
9. "why can't Derek have a sleepover with us?" - she always wants him to sleep over...and then i try to explain to her why - and i quit usually a few words in.
10. "Teets, play the compiano! play the compiano!" - i don't know why she calls it this but i love it so i don't correct her...i know, aunt of the year.
well i'm blanking - out of the million things i've heard her say, all i can think of is ten right now. i truly hope you get to meet her someday...and hopefully she'll come up with a fastastic nickname for you, like mine!
(the adorable little boy in the picture with her is Eli Puckett...one of her "bests")

7 comments:

Kym said...

At our house we often still refer the computer as the "pewter" and the sun in our eyes is still called the "shine-shine is in my eyes", and sun screen is "sun scream", Jenna can't figure out how to say garage, she continually calls it the "Ba-garage". Those little incorrectly said comments are so very precious, I agree. You are a great aunt to brag on that sweetie!

Unknown said...

This is the cutest post ever!! It made my whole day!! I love the things little kids say! I hope my little nephew that is coming soon will say cute things like that!! =) Thanks for the smile!

SimplyGrove said...

How cute is she!!!! I love the things they say at this age of life!

Kristen said...

I could add a few to your list :O)

Addy is one in a million!

BTW when i write her name i always write Addie - is your sister far to kind to correct me

Be watching for a video this weekend of Landon doing garage band!

katie henbest said...

ooo i will be watching for sure! that kid is hilarious!

ya...it's Addy...but i spell Addie sometimes too - it's cool. :)

J said...

I love Addy. I love her. And I miss her!!!! Eli is the cutest!

naphtali said...

oh she's so stinking cute!!!